Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Healing Lower Back Injuries


In 1980 I injured my lower back from improper lifting. CT scans showed a minor herniation of a lower lumbar disk. Not one doctor touched me, or prodded a finger into my lower back. After two years of pain, I figured out that it was actually a ligament, that was being re-injured over and over again. Injured ligaments are fibrous and ropey, easy to feel and diagnose.
90% of lower back injuries are ligaments, and not disk related. Unfortunately, there is more money in unnecessary surgeries...

The key to healing any injury, or illness, is having proper diagnosis. Statistically, the best doctors are wrong half the time. This meaning that we need to take responsibility for our health and wellness.

One thing I have learned from this injury, is that we tend to injure ourselves when we aren't paying attention. When we are angry, or in a hurry, we tend to walk into poles, lift improperly, slice our hands, etc. This is when our subconscious, our unihipahili, can punish our waking reality, our uhane.


To heal my injury, all I had to do was to quit re-injuring myself from repetitious motions such as lifting and bouncing around on my off-road motorcycle. That's easier said than done. It takes a good six weeks to heal ligaments and tendons. Once the tissue is re-injured, that six weeks starts all over... You need a complete six weeks of no injury for the tissue to heal.

With this knowledge, I finally allowed my self to heal. Using the Affirmation Therapy, that came to me in a dream, I altered my perception of self and began to love my self.

One valuable element, that few us are aware of, is that when we are injured, our self esteem diminishes. When we have low self-esteem we are more prone to injury. When we begin truly loving our selves, our self-esteem rises from the ashes of our inner turmoil.



No comments:

Post a Comment